Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Mum's mouth watering Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins




Over the years I have collected some amazing recipes and either written them down in a cute notebook or binder that is now stuffed full. It is time that I shared these wonderful recipes with all my friends especially the ones who say that I must be a domestic goddess since I know how to bake and they think they can't get the same results if they tried.  So if following directions makes me a domestic goddess in the kitchen then I hope it will do the same for you too. I loved these muffins my Mum would make us as children because they have my favorite mouth watering combination of chocolate and orange. They also fill the house with a amazing smell when they are baking.



Chocolate Orange Muffins


2 medium oranges (grated peel)

3 oz semi sweet chocolate chips

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temp.

2 eggs

1/2 cup plain yogurt

1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

2 cups all purpose flour


Beat sugar and butter together. Add eggs and beat. Add orange peel , orange juice, yogurt and beat. In another bowl sift dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture and beat to combine. Stir in chocolate chips. 


Pour batter into muffin liner cups  placed in a muffin tin (or spray the muffin tin and lightly flour the tin if not using liners) 2/4 way full and bake at 375 degrees for 15-25 min. till lightly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment