Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Smart Kitchen Items-Make your own chalkboard labeled glasses and containers



I bought these really fun water glasses, tumblers and a glass milk bottle/ water pitcher from Pier 1 last year and absolutely love them. My husband and I were always mixing up our cups/glasses and having to do a lot of dishes because we would forget who's glass was who's. These are great glasses to have at dinner parties for your guests to label their names on their glass! Unfortunately I was clumsy and I broke one of my water glasses doing the dishes this week and they have now been discontinued so I have to make my own. If anyone else whats to make these great water glasses or chalkboard labeled vases, jars or containers, this is all you have to do.

Items You Will Need:
Water Glasses (or glass item to be labeled)
Scotch Tape
Black Chalkboard Spray Paint (check craft stores or Art suppliers and home improvement, paint stores)
Cardboard

Box of Chalk Sticks (to label your glasses)

Directions:
Take a clean water glass and mask out around a rectangular area on your glass, leaving the rectangle shape in the middle clear of tape. Put your water glass on a piece of cardboard and spray (in a well ventilated area) the center rectangle area with chalkboard spray paint. Let dry and then peel off the surrounding tape and you are done! It is so easy to do and chalkboard paint is dishwasher safe too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment