Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Reuse, Recycle And Regift Invitations And Cards



You don't have to be a scrapbook genius to recycle all those wedding announcement, baby shower invitation and holiday cards you get. My mother keeps her Christmas cards each year and remakes the beautiful images on the fronts into gift tags, other card notelets and embellishments on packages. We had a few friends who reused our wedding annoncement invitation and made us a cute ornament to hang on our Christmas tree to celebrate our first year of marriage. Another couple reinvented our wedding announcement and made it into a gift card to go with the wedding gift they gave us. Since I loved my wedding invitation this made the cards and ornaments so special to us. At my baby shower another one of my friends took the invitation we sent out and made it into a beautiful gift card tag to go with their baby shower gift as well. I realize now that I don't ever have to go buy those expensive Hallmark gift cards again if I just reuse, recycle and regift all those beautiful invitations, announcements and cards given to me. What a great way to be eco-friendly and give back in a way that the receivers of the gift will love. So don't throw away those beautiful cards and waste your money on new ones, just be a little clever and REUSE, RECYCLE AND REGIFT them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment