Monday, April 20, 2009

Pool and Water Safety For Children!



It is going to be 90 degrees today and I am already thinking about taking my daughter to the local pool to cool down. My sweet sister-in-love who lives in Florida where most of the ISR training takes place, shared this You Tube clip with me and I thought it was incredible. It still made me mad that these parents didn't have a fence around their pool but at least they did teach their children to float till someone could come fetch them. If you have a child who doesn't know how to swim, you may want to look into these classes or basic swim classes for your children, even if you don't own a pool. There is always the chance they may be caught in a drowning situation in any body of water more than 2 inches deep when they are young. I also suggest you become familiar with CPR and First Aid training as well. These classes are available in the community so you can have hands on experience and get certified or you can at least be informed about the basics by looking up information on the web. So play it safe around water this summer, keep an eye on your children at all times near water and have a great time!

To find an ISR instructor check out this site

http://www.infantswim.com/news-and-events/todayshow.html

Here is the site for CPR

http://depts.washington.edu/learncpr/

Here is the site for First Aid

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/FirstAidIndex/FirstAidIndex

2 comments:

  1. I know it's brilliant, and I'd love to have Kaalam learn, but watching that video was just creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thanks rachel. This is what we need in vegas too.

    ReplyDelete